There isn’t anything in this world more special that a happy child. Their laughter is infectious. Their smiles brighten up your day. Their energy is enough to make you envious.
Playing in the park is their new favorite thing. Watching them become more adventurous on the playground equipment – my new favorite thing.
These two are just so scrumptious, what can I say?
Before T and I had littles, we used to have regular date nights. That has pretty much almost become nonexistent in the past few years. Even when we do go out, we end up spending the entire outing talking about said littles, or wishing we were at home with them. Yes, we are those people. We can’t help it, they’re so stinkin’ cute!
When we got the opportunity to take a trip to NYC we totally jumped on it. I hated leaving my kids behind (even though they were in 100% capable hands…shout out to Nana and Papa), but we really needed to get away.
If you follow my Instagram feed, you may have seen a few of these photos already, but some of the more…special (for lack of a better term) I saved just for you. Feel special, because you are
Hurry up and wait. We flew out of my hometown (where my Parents still live), then went from Seattle to New York. Made for a long day, but it was totally worth it.
First stop, Times Square. Our Hotel was legit across from the Gershwin Theater (home of “Wicked”), and on 50th and Broadway which is at the “entrance” of Times Square. Super convenient I thought.
Speaking of “Wicked.” I totally got last minute tickets, and I wanted to stay and watch it again for the second showing of that night. UH-MAZING!
Starbucks. Very necessary pretty much all the time, and even more necessary when you stay up late and get up early. So thankful there’s pretty much one on every corner in NYC.
Cutest little bow earrings ever. Forever21 has the best stuff, and it’s super cheap too. Win Win! P.S. The Forever21 store in Times Square is 3 stories. I was in Heaven.
I was overjoyed to spot an Inglot Store. I had never been in one before, and it was SO fun to see all of their amazing products. Super affordable, and highly pigmented. My kind of makeup!
The food options in NYC are endless. I was most excited about eating at Bubba Gump since I had never been to one before. It did NOT disappoint. Fabulous service, delicious food and drinks, and the ambiance was super chill. It’s probably a good thing we don’t have one near us…I’d be there all the time.
This is just a snippet of what I took while at the Natural History Museum. We were in there for 4 hours, and still probably didn’t see 25% of the place. We actually got lost trying to find our way out, haha. But that place is overwhelmingly full of priceless items that really make you realize how amazing people are for creating the world we have today.
My two favorite things to stare at while we wandered around. On the left is a photo of the Dakota. It was the home and unfortunately place of death for the one and only John Lennon. This photo does NOT do this building justice. It’s so old, and the architecture just took my breath away. The photo on the right is a view of just a tiny portion of Central Park from the Natural History Museum. Once again, this doesn’t do this ginormous plot of land justice. Both are so gorgeous, and so full of history. I just can’t get enough!
I saved the best for last y’all. You’re about to see why I said we don’t get out much.
Only the most amazing hotdogs I’ve ever tasted in my life! I’m seriously considering purchasing these online and having them shipped hot to my house. For $4.49 you get 2 dogs, and a drink. This tiny little shop was packed wall to wall with people, and now I know why. We waited until the last day to get these two little babies, and I wish we had been eating these the entire time. Oh my mouth is watering just looking at this photo. I need some Gray’s Papaya!
Last but certainly not least…
I’m obviously excited to be trying this hotdog for the first time. Also. Hey there, cute guy.
See? I told you we don’t get out much.
If you’ve ever seen Wicked, and loved it as much as I did, we are not besties. OH! And if your mouth watered at the very site of those Gray’s Papaya hotdogs, we are now BFF’s.
Last week Hubbs and I spent 3 nights and 4 days in New York without two certain littles. I know! That never happens!
We had an amazing opportunity to get away, and have some one on one time, and it was even more exciting for me because this was my first trip to New York. I could absolutely go on and on about every single detail, but today I wanted to give you some visuals about our trip. Let me just say, I was pretty much drooling over the amazing architecture all over the city. The details, and vintage designs are to die for! Needless to say, you’ll see tons of buildings, and a few of my favorite spots.
There are plenty more where these came from. We had such an amazing time, and I just want to keep going back again and again.
Have you been to New York? What was your favorite part?
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #CollectiveBias #BeautyInspiration
I had SO much fun putting this tutorial together. I wanted to create a simple, fool proof smokey eyed look using budget friendly drugstore makeup items! It may seem like a smokey eye can be hard to achieve, but in just a few simple steps, you can get this look too!
This look I created for you today, is “Retro Glam” inspired, and all 100% drugstore (budget friendly for the win!). I am featuring all Rimmel London products, more specifically the Stay Matte Foundation, and Retro Glam Mascara. These two items are new to me, but holy rusted metal Batman, where have they been my entire life???
I picked these two items (and everything I used for this look) from my local Walmart. I love that these items are affordable, and have a such great accessibility for people with all skin tones, and any makeup needs.
It’s not a big secret that I am obsessed with a smokey eye. When I hear the words “Retro Glam” I immediately think if thick winged liner, and deep smokey shadows on the lids. Something that really brings attention to the eyes.
Items used to create this look:
(From Left to Right) Stay Matte Translucent Powder, Natural Bronzer in Sun Light, Gel Liner in Black, Stay Matte Foundation in Fair, Stay Matte Primer, Stay Glossy 3D Gloss, Exaggerate Eyeshadow Primer, Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara, Scandaleyes Kohl Liner in Black, Shadow Quad in Afternoon Tea.
It looks like a ton of stuff, but I promise it’s super simple. Let’s go over this step by step shall we?
1. Start by prepping your skin for foundation by using the Stay Matte Primer. This will help fill in fine lines and pores for a flawless look.
2. Using your favorite brush, sponge, or hands (let’s face it, they are the best tools) apply the Stay Matte Foundation in an even layer all over your face. Be sure to blend down your neck so there are no unsightly lines.
3. Place the Perfect Match Concealer underneath both eyes, bridge of the nose, cupids bow, between the brows, and chin to create a natural highlight and conceal any dark circles. This can be blended out with a brush, or your fingers.
4. Then post like a creepy looking ghost. Well, maybe that’s just me…I’m super fair skinned.
5. Grab the Stay Matte Pressed Translucent Powder and a small fluffy brush.
6. Apply the powder to any area you put the concealer to set those areas.
7. Apply the Exaggerate Eyeshadow Primer to both lids.
8. Blend the primer evenly.
9. Grab the Natural Bronzer in Sun Light and a big ‘ole fluffy brush.
10. Apply the bronzer the the cheeks, perimeter of the forehead and jawline. Blend down the neck as well for a naturally sun kissed look.
11. Using the lightest brown shade in the Afternoon Tea Shadow Quad, fill in your brows for a natural shade.
12. Using the bronzy brown shade in the quad, apply all over the lid up into the crease. It’s okay if this is messy, the entire eye look is messy up until the end, so no worries.
13. Using the light brown shade, apply this as a transition shade just above the crease. This also blends the two colors together to create a seamless look.
13. Apply a thin line of gel liner to the lash line.
14. Try not to wing the gel liner out, this step will come in just a minute.
15. Apply the kohl liner on top the the gel liner.
16. Blend the two together, and really drag the liner out. This well create an extremely smokey look to the liner, and this can be tailored to your favorite liner look in just a few simple steps!
17. Take a wet wipe of some sort that you have handy, and clean up those lines. I wanted a very thick wing so I really blunted the edge using my fingernail. This is the easiest way to create a cat eye effect in my book! You may need to touch up your concealer, so do so at this point.
18. Using the same bronzy brown shadow, apply this to the lower lash line dragging it almost to the tear duct.
19. Apply the lightest champagne color to the inner corner of your lid/tear duct, and under the brow bone.
20. Apply a few coats of the super awesome Retro Glam Mascara to really bring out those eyes (I applied falsies to really glam up this look, but that’s totally optional).
21. Can’t forget those lips of course! To pull this whole look together, I wanted a soft muted color to ensure my eyes would be the center of attention. So I applied a layer of the Stay Glossy 3D Gloss to my lips, and voila, you have a snazzy “Retro Glam” look!
Just in case you want to see me put all of these fabulous little babies in action, click on the video below and check it out!
April is Rimmel’s 180 year anniversary (can you believe it??) and there are going to be $1 off coupons in the Sunday papers throughout the month so you can scoop up the Stay Matte foundation and/or Retro Glam mascara for yourself (score!)!
Now, as a MAJOR bonus, Rimmel London is giving away $50 worth of Rimmel products to 25 (yes TWENTY FIVE) lucky winners! Now you can create your own looks too!!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Coty® Rimmel® Giveaway starts at 4/2/14 at 12:00 A.M. (midnight) ET and ends on 4/25/14 at 11:59:59 PM ET. Open only to (i) members of the Social Fabric community, (ii) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (iii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Click here for Official Rules and details including how to enter, entry criteria, prizes and restrictions, etc. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.
Happy April Fools, Loves! Although today is about playing practical jokes on each other, I figured it was as good a time as any to have a giveaway. I have teamed up with the lovely Lindsay from Pursuit of Pink to provide a fun giveaway named I’m a Fool for…stunning eyes! It’s been said that the eyes are the gateway to your soul, so why not make that gateway drop dead gorgeous? Here’s the details!
One lucky winner will receive the Rodan+Fields Redefine Multi-function Eye Cream to help minimize the appearance of crow’s-feet, helps reduce the appearance of both puffiness and dark under eye circles while special optical diffusers noticeably brighten the eye area (seriously, I need this in my life), and the ENTIRE collection of the newly released Maybelline Dare to go Nude Color Tattoo Collection which I raved on and on about here! You can rejuvenate your beautiful eyes, then define them with stunning cream shadows!
All you have to do is enter the rafflecopter form below, and good luck to you all! a Rafflecopter giveaway