It’s official! Pantone has released the color of the year – Marsala! I personally am very excited to be in love with the color of the year this time around. Reds, coppers, and golds are my all time favorite colors for makeup, so this absolutely makes my heart happy. Marsala is a nice brick red/berry toned color. Even though it seems like that would be a color best suited for the Fall, I know that it can be rocked all year long!
“Marsala enriches our mind, body and soul, exuding confidence and stability. Marsala is a subtly seductive shade, one that draws us in
to its embracing warmth.”
Executive Director, Pantone Color Institute®
I wanted to compile some beauty related products that fit the bill (or pretty darn close to it). So here are a few of my favorites!
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Facets of Marsala Multi-finish Eye Palette $39 – I love the fact that Sephora partnered with Pantone to create almost a dozen beauty products featuring the color of the year. I’ve seen tons of YouTube Beauty Guru’s use this palette, and the colors are truly gorgeous. They are super pigmented, and it’s a very affordable option for trendy gals that want to show off their love for Marsala.
- Becca Glossy Lip Tint in Marsala $22 – although this color was hard to find since it’s being discontinued, there are still some floating around out there. This shade would be perfectly paired with a simple winged liner, and beautiful barrel curls for a date night with your love.
- Sephora + Pantone Universe Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio $28 – this little baby is so beautiful. This trio comes with two blushes, and one highlighter. I think it’s perfect for traveling, and of course, perfect for a wash of rosy on your cheeks for a natural flush.
- Nars Blush in Seduction $30 – well hello, love. I love me some Nars Blush, and this color is definitely something you should add to your collection…I need to as well!
- Loreal Infallible Le Rouge in Always Apricot $9.99 – this truly vivid lip color is bold and beautiful. I love it’s lasting power, and is said to last up to 10 hours!
- Make Up For Ever Artist Shadow #836 $21 – these shadows are on the expensive side for a single pan, however, it’s a super sized pan. They are highly pigmented, and definitely something you should consider giving a go – you won’t regret it.
- YoungBlood Incredible Wear Gel Liner $21 – gel liner is my absolute favorite to use. I love it as a shadow base, and of course as it’s given use – liner. This color is fantastic, and absolutely something I plan to add to my collection. It is perfect for blue, green, and hazel eyes!
- Essie Nail Polish – Mauves in the color Stitches $9 – Essie is my top choice for polish. The color selections and formula just brightens my day, and makes me feel like I’ve always got options.
There are SOOO many options out there for beauty picks that fall into the Marsala category. It wasn’t easy to pick what I loved the most because secretly I wished they’d all just magically appear in my makeup collection. I am so excited to create some makeup looks with the color of the year, and cannot wait to share them with you!
What are some of your favorites this year that fall into the Marsala category?