Ever since Addison was born I have been dreaming up what her “big girl” room would look like. Now that she is ready to be out of a crib, and transition into a bigger bed, it’s time for me to make all the wonderful things I have imagined a reality.
When I imagine what her room would look like, I don’t see the usual pastel pinks and purples and frilly finishes. I see a feminine, yet fun design with a mix of old and new that can grown with her over the years. That being said, this means that she will start out with a full/double size bed so it will cut down cost in the future for purchasing more bedroom furniture. Addison loves brighter colors, and has always loved pinks and purples, so I wanted to bring a few of her loves into the room as well.
- 7-drawer Jenny Lind Dresser $799. This dresser is perfect to fit all of her little clothes, and personal belongings as she gets older. It’s a classic white, and simple design that will fit any possible room changes she sees fit in the future.
- Floral Gem Bedding $19-$109. This bedding is everything I had imagined and more! The colors are vibrant without being overdone, and everything just meshes well with multiple patterns in play. I cannot tell you how much I love this bedding! Because there aren’t matching drapes to go with this bedding, so I would purchase and extra set of sheets to sew my own drapes. That way everything is cohesive and beautiful.
- Glow Lightly Table Shade (Pink) $39. This is just so cute, and adds the right touch of color to an otherwise basic lampshade.
- Checkmate Table Base (White) $59. Simple, and feminine. Love it.
- You Look Mahvelous Mirrors (set of 4) $159. These mirrors would look adorable above the dresser. I also see some vintage picture frames that have been spray painted and placed in between and around the mirrors for a little extra texture and fun for the wall.
- Jenny Lind Bed (white) $599-$799. This bed is the main attraction of the entire room in my eyes. It’s classic, feminine, a mix of old and new, and everything I had imagined her room would entail. Jenny Lind is where it’s at.
- Large A Crafty Kraft Paper Letter $12.95. Of course, a room wouldn’t be complete without an A for Addison. This basic letter is the perfect blank canvas to decorate as I see fit to match her cute little room.
- Ring around the Ribbon Rug (Pink) $119. This perfectly pink rug would be a great addition to break up the space between the bed and dresser. I can see her sitting on it reading a book, or listening to music. So simple, and so cute.
If you could dream up the perfect room for your littles, what are some special things you would put in there?